I have had the top finished for about a week I think, but have been humming and harring about maybe adding more borders. Well after auditioning heaps of different options, I have decided not too! They all distracted too much from the pieced border. And as there was a lot of work in that border, I don't want to do that!
|It's windy here today but I thought if I waited long enough I might get an OK photo outside.|
|Mmmm maybe I should have done some washing this morning!|
I changed a few things in the design, nothing too major though.
-swapped the positions of the black and neutral star blocks (as I said in a previous post).
-used a black fabric for the first border, instead of a neutral fabric.
-and lastly I have turned the hourglass blocks around the other way in the pieced border.
|from the back with all the raw edges it looks kind of stained glass like|
Oscar always comes and helps when I hang out the washing, but he didn't help with the photo shoot. He watched from the deck instead.
I don't think he likes this quilt as he hasn't helped with any of the sewing either, not like him at all.