Sunday, January 31, 2016

Cross Terrain - A Long Neglected UFO

I finished a long neglected UFO on Friday, so I thought after catching up with my other posts I'd share it with you all.

I made all the blocks at a retreat, and then pieced the top when I came home. 
The poor thing has waited a very long time for me to quilt it. 


If you look hard you can see when I made the blocks in this photo. (It really is a long time ago)

 

I made Magic Binding for the first time and it is so easy so I will be doing this again. It's so great not to having to hand sew the binding down, and I really like the faux flange.

Use the link above to go to the written Magic Binding tutorial by 'Aunt Marti', or watch her You Tube video below.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations on your completion. Your quilt looks absolutely beautiful and you must be pleased to have it out of your UFO pile. Thanks also for sharing the video on the magic binding, I have often thought of sewing the binding completely by machine but had reservations about doing so, after watching the video I am keen to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish. I like that binding too, i have used it several times. It gives a nice finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing a comment, I love getting feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails